Pages

2/06/2012

Studio Chrysanthemums, (transplanted to a new home)


Oil on Canvas, 11 x 14" Sold
This still life is one of my favorites.  I had a good time painting it too.  It only took about two hours to finish; which is very unusual for me. (See post for January 27th).  This painting is also unusual because I didn't set up an arrangement of the objects on the table, but just put the potted chrysanthemums down on my work table, next to my painting tools and supplies, and started painting. Overall, I think it turned out alright.  

A year ago last February it received a second place award in a National Arts Program competition in Santa Rosa.  (Apparently a few other people liked it too)!  

Last week this painting went to a new home where perhaps it will become the new owner's favorite painting.

No comments: