Pages

2/23/2012

Calistoga Plein Air

This is really old news but...back in October (when I was not keeping up with this blog), I participated in the 1st Annual Calistoga Plein Air Paint Out competition.  The weather was perfect, I had a great time painting and met some really talented artists.  I look forward to taking part again next October.
"City of Calistoga", Oil on Panel, 9x12 inches



On the first day of the two-day event I painted this view of the Calistoga City Hall building.  I spent more time trying to "fix" the palm tree behind the bell tower than on the rest of the painting.

Third Place ribbon

I won third place for this painting.  I was very excited to receive the award.

"Pioneer Park", Oil on Panel, 11x14 inches

On the second day I painted this gazebo in a city park, not far from the City Hall building.







No comments: